This policy covers the Career21's website https://career21.in and all the subdomains under https://career21.in. Please refer to the following link to read our Terms of service.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
We may collect following data from you, when you use or otherwise interact with out products:
- Name (First name/last name/full name)
- Email ID (both personal and professional)
- Profile/display picture
- Country, state, postcode or city of residence
- Login name, screen name, nickname, or handle
- Telephone number (Home/work/mobile telephone number)
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- Date of birth
- Name(s) of the school/university (including branch, grades and graduation year)
Name(s) of the workplace
- Job position/designation (including salary)
- Information related to social profiles, such as Facebook, Google, GitHub etc.
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
We collect and/or process your as a part of the following activities related to our Products:
- Account registration
- Use of our website
- Creating or taking online tests
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Registering for hackathons/classroom programs
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Customizing the content you see as per relevances
- Referring your profile to relevant job opportunities.
How do we use your information?
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so, which includes but is not limited to the following:
consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Products, services and business
- Understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Products, Services and business
- Providing you with relevant information
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- Providing reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Keeping you up-to-date about latest courses ,events, product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- Providing support and assistance for our services
- Providing the ability to create personal profile
- Providing the ability to contact you, if required
- Providing customer feedback and support
- Providing and administering opt-in events or other marketing or promotional activities on Career21
- Being able to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide you with better products and services
- Supporting recruitment inquiries
- Personalizing marketing communication and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you
- Meeting contract or legal obligations
We allow employers to view your anonymised profile and contact you for a relevant job opportunity. We provide them with a channel to contact you for a relevant job opportunity. We share your PII with employers only with your explicit consent, or when you reply back to the conversation channel. If you wish to opt-out of this feature, please send us an email to [email protected]
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as mentioned below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know our decision.
In order to make any of the following requests, you should contact us on [email protected]
- Access : You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification : If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly through your user profile or profile/account settings after logging into your account on Career21. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any discrepancy.
- Objection : You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Deleting data : You can request that we delete some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. While this will be done immediately, residual data may be saved in certain logs and this will be purged within a year after deleting your data.
- Processing restrictions : You can always request us to deactivate your account to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability : You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format.
- Withdrawal of consent : If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Products.
- Right to file a complaint : You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Passive Data Collection
Career21 might automatically collect some data about you when you are using any of our products, using methods like cookies and other tracking technologies. Information automatically collected includes cookies, page views, geolocation data, IP(internet protocol) addresses, browser and OS(Operating System) type, ISP(Internet Service Provider), files viewed and downloaded from our websites, referral and exit pages, and clickstream data. Such data does not have an expiry date and we do not delete this data. This data is stored in the form of logs or in third party tracking and analytics software like Google analytics, Linkedin Insights etc.
How do we protect visitor information?
We use vulnerability scanning and scanning to PCI standards annually.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use SSL certificates to encrypt all the data being transferred.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the user's experience that makes your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information without your consent.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have implemented the following:
Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.